Monday, April 27, 2009

ADDING TO THE NURSERY

We're excited about the nursery we've created for the baby! Since her time to be born is coming right up and we don't know when exactly she'll come, I've been trying to have everything ready and in order ahead of time-then I wont have to scramble when she's actually here :o)

I'm VERY proud of this little storage/shelving unit that I found....not only because I got a really good deal on it, but because I put it together all by myself! Yes, it's true, I am just THAT good j/k! I think it was a combination of being so utterly bored, and also not having the patience to wait for Clark to have the time to put it together-so, I went to work! I've been able to organize most of her things into the little baskets that pull out, and I also love how there's shelving space for other things.

We rescued this rocking chair from the dumpster outside at our condo. It used to be a dark blackish-brown but we spray painted it and then I made a cover/cushion for it with some material that I found...making it was another good way for me to bite the time and escape boredom!

Yay! Here's my masterpieces together looking all snazzy!


So, it's all pretty much come together. All we really need to get now is a changing table at some point and maybe a nice rug for the hard-wood floor!

5 comments:

The little Lowes said...

The room looks awesome! I love the colors. You did very well. lol. Will you email me your address? My email is stevenandvanessa@gmail.com We are thinking of coming over on Saturday (maybe, Lol). Everything is a little busy with school almost over. Let me know if you need anything!

Jessie said...

So cute!!! I absolutely love it!!!

It all looks so cute!! I;m so glad you were able to get all that put together by yourself!! Kudos to you!!!

Luke and Mary said...

Looks awesome, Alicia! Good job!
I have a suggestion... if you don't want to buy a changing table you could just buy the bed/cushion thingy and put it on top of that shelving unit. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks about the right height. After awhile a changing table becomes useless--as ours is now a bookshelf and catch all :) Anyway.. just a thought for ya. I sometimes wish I hadn't bought one because it just takes up so much space.

Rachel said...

Looking good!! We need to come see it soon while it's still clean!! I'm so proud of you for putting that "cute" thing together!!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Oh my gosh, nice work, Alicia! Wow I'm so impressed! It looks amazing! And where did you find the little bookcase? I have been looking for one JUST LIKE THAT for my girls' room! I think I saw one at Target...? Also your baby is adorable! Congratulations!